The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar on Healthy Holics Those Who Wanted To Be Health
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is the vinegar that made from apples. It is a light yellow-brown color and is often sold unpasteurized and unfiltered with a cloudy, dark sediment called mother of vinegar (consisting mainly of acetic acid bacteria) settled at the bottom of the bottle. It is made by fermenting ripe and fresh quality apples through a rigorous process to develop into vinegar. During this process, sugar in the apple is broken down by bacteria and yeast into alcohol and then into vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid as the main ingredient (like other types of vinegar) and other acids (like malic acids, lactic, and citric), mineral salts, amino acids and vitamins.
It is used primarily for health purposes and purported to treat numerous diseases and health conditions. Apple cider vinegar is also found to be effective in weight loss. It helps to detoxify the liver which plays an important role in weight loss. There are historical facts that Egyptians took apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Some claim Apple Cider Vinegar speeds up the metabolism while some claim it burns the calories to reduce appetite. Although apple cider vinegar was thought to aid in weight loss since a long time, it was considered a fad diet until recently by diet experts and? doctors. But now, there are quite a few studies available on apple cider vinegar that suggest its effectiveness in reducing weight.
How Should Apple Cider Vinegar be Used ?
The following points show how apple cider vinegar should be taken :
- Before meals, take 1 to 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (no more than 3).
- Dilute apple cider vinegar as it is highly acidic, mixed in a cup of water or juice.
- Ideally, use a straw while drinking apple cider vinegar to protect your teeth (drinking it straight could damage your tooth enamel).
- You can find apple cider vinegar that available as diet pills which easier to consume.
Beneficial Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar :
- Stabilizes the Blood Sugar : The dietary fiber in apple cider vinegar helps in controlling levels in the blood and avoiding the sudden glucose spikes. A study suggests that apple cider vinegar helps release glucose slowly into the bloodstream, which in turn it will stabilize the blood sugar levels.
- Increases Metabolic Rate : Apple cider vinegar speeds up metabolism and excretes the toxic wastes from the tissues. The higher your metabolic rate, the thinner you will be.
- Suppresses Appetite : It is generally believed that the nutrients, enzymes, and organic acids in apple cider vinegar cause weight reduction by acting as an appetite suppressant. This helps with reducing the amount of food you consume, thus bringing down your weight.
- Acts as a Diuretic : Apple cider vinegar helps in eliminating wastes and toxins from your body easily as well as brings down the bloating you may feel.